Monday, April 8, 2013

7 Reasons Why Death Is The Greatest Gift



"I fucking hate death but I love it."

Everybody hates death or at least pretends to do so. Well, I hate it but I love it. I hate it because it makes my life miserable and saddens me. Makes me feel like like a pointless piece of flesh. At the same time I love death  because it makes life better and if you really think about it - without death there is no life. Therefor death is the greatest gift. Before you kill me read the following reason why I believe so.

1. Death sets a deadline

Without a deadline there is no deadline. True Zen answer. The truth is that if I tell you to clean your room sometimes in the future you would probably not do it the very same day. Most likely you will do it when the rooms already stinks. Well, what if I put a gun to your face and tell you: "Clean your room or I am going to blow you away, bitch." You would probably clean your room much faster. Well, since not everybody can be a gangster, police officer, soldier...etc somebody has to point a gun to our heads in order to make us move that lazy butt a little bit - death does it perfectly and for free. What more can you ask for ? Death is the only deadline in our poor existences that matters. At least it should be.

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
Mark Twain 

2. Death is the ultimate motivator.

The fact that we are all going to die makes everything so much easier. Imagine what it would be if you were immortal and you had to go to the dentist for thousands and thousand of years - pretty boring. Now that we know that one day we will die and our bodies will be eaten by insects and what not a certain amount of relief is achieved. Why? Because all of this means that in the end of the day we have nothing to lose - the journey ends the same way for everybody so we might just try to be the best we can be instead of trying to follow the fake social dogma. As they say: "Death is certain. Life is not." As far as I know nobody on this earth knows what happens when we die or if there are next lives. I would not test my luck on this one - I'm going all in on this one, at least I will try to do my best.

"Dying is easy, it's living that scares me to death."

 Annie Lennox 


3. Death makes people equal

Remember the old saying: "All men are created equal." Well, it's not true 100% but when it comes to death it certainly is. I don't care how much money you have, how handsome you are, how big your arms are - you, sir, are going to die like everybody else. That's cool. It makes us human, it makes us equal.

"Dying is like getting audited by the IRS--something that only happens to other people ... until it happens to you."

Jerome P. Crabb


4. Death makes life real

What is worst - having too low expectations or being delusional?  Death gives an answer to this question - you are going to die - this is reality - so why waste time on things that don't matter. Stop thinking and acting like you are going to live forever. Get real !

"As soon as one is born, one starts dying."

Luigi Pirandello


5. Death throws all excuses out of the window

Tell me - what do you want right now? (I'm not talking about ice-cream or something like that) Better career, better relationship, better place to live? Now, tell me your excuses. Whatever they are remember than one day they may become the reason for your biggest regrets. If you feel like you have to do something - do it. Do it. No excuse. Excuses don't count when death comes to take us all.

6. Death makes you less selfish, well sometimes.



 Albert Pike




7. Death regulates the population

Imagine a world where there are no predatory animals. What would happen? Simply the herbivorous will take over until at one point they go out of food. Yes, it will take time but with nothing to kill them they may become as popular as the human race and we all know that does not end well. That's where death comes in - predatory animals eat the grass lovers and regulation is achieved.

"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic." 


Joseph Stalin